I received a message today from an author who needs help promoting her books. She can’t afford to hire someone to help her. She read about a promotion I am running and was hoping she could be included. I wrote her back and I would like to share with you the things I told her.
First I would like to tell you that Assisting Authors Online is a business. Of course we would like to have paying clients and we do. This website was built to promote our clients and we rarely promote ourselves. We feel when authors get to know us, they will trust us enough to let us work for them.
The reason I say this is you should look at the promotion of your book the same way. Selling your book is going to take hard work and it is not going to happen over night. For example, Authors Den gets two million visitors a month. Most of them are authors. The competition is tight. You should find a way to stand out and it is not going to be easy.
I am going to list six fantastic offers that cost nothing but could pay off big time. You should take advantage of these offers because there is not much work involved and there could be benefits.
- mike-dolan.com This is a contest for non fiction books. Mike likes books that he can learn from. This contest consists of a full profile on his contest page that includes a link to your site or blog and a link to your Amazon purchase page. This helps with your Google standings. You are also mentioned on his blog that goes to about 80 social networks.
- Julie Wise has a contest to help you dream bigger and make your dream come true. This contest will be over November thirtieth. You do not have much time. You have to tell her either in a video or a message some things about a dream you have. If you win, you will get about $3800 worth of services to help you dream come true. Take this seriously because you have an excellent chance of winning.
- Meredith Cagen has a contest for Chicklit writers. You can win a $25.00 Amazon gift certificate. Her blog also goes to about 80 sites.
- Tag Your Book on Amazon. Read my blog below. This is an important way to get your Amazon ratings up. We do this for all our clients.
- Ami Blackwelder spotlights six authors a month at Authors At the Virtual Park. She promotes this like crazy so it would be crazy not
to be part of it.
- Assisting Authors Online has a Books We Love contest. I wrote about it in my last blog. You can read it after we are finished here.
We read your book, if we love it we put it on our Books We Love Page with links to your website or blog and a link to your Amazon purchase page. We will use this page for a book cover contest and a book review special in January.
Remember this, to sell your book you need to be known as does your book. I have listed six ways to get you and your book noticed. The more
places your name and your book title appear on the web, your stock will go up and you will be known. Give it a try.
If you like this blog, please click on the thumbs up like button and make a comment. If you make a comment the search engine might grab it and your name will be mentioned. Also please sign up for our news letter. Every month we send out more tips and tricks to promote your book.