Before I begin, don’t forget to visit http://authorsatthevirtualpark.blogspot.com. Every month six authors are showcased. This month, two of our clients are featured, G.A. Hauser, author of Of Wolves and Men and Trish Silver, author of When I Remember Love. This is a fantastic vehicle for book promotion and it is free. Contact email@example.com for details. Sorry for the delay of this blog but I had to do a lot of research to make sure you learn how to use PowerPoint among other tools to produce a video.
Why Use PowerPoint to Procduce a Video:
- It is a simple way to create a book trailer.
- You can upload it to YouTube, Linked in, Facebook etc. with the possibility of going viral.
- You can have Assisting Authors Online upload it to over 20 more popular video sites.
- You can burn the video to a DVD and use it at book signings etc.
- You can transer PowerPoint slides to an iPod or a mobile phone and enjoy the presentations while on the move even without a PowerPoint viewer app.
- You can convert PowerPoint to video and maintain the voice overs etc.
- Best of all you can do all but point 3 for no cost.
- There are many free PowerPoint backgrounds on the Internet. Consider using your books as a background.
First of all, you must get up to speed in using PowerPoint. Here are linkes to PowerPoint Tutorials,. Pick the one for your version:
Now that you have collected all your images, planned out your video using a script and storyboard, and have become a PowerPoint expert, we can begin producing the video.
This is what you will need:
a copy of Microsoft PowerPoint (any version), the PPT file (Powerpoint Filel) a webcammicrophone (if you want to record audio) and Internet access.
Here is a link to the best step by step tutorial I have found to convert PowerPoint to video. Just follow the steps exactly. If you have a problem comment below the post.
When you finish post it to YouTube.
If you want me to post it on this site, send me the YouTube link. If you want me to post it to about 25 popular video sites including YouTube, send me the video. There are a couple of sites that will send large files for free. I use http://www.transferbigfiles.com. Just email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Then send me $27.00 through by clicking on the PayPal button on on the left side bar of this page. I will send you an invoice of all the sites that the video was submitted to with the URL’s of the sites.
Good Luck making your first video book trailer using PowerPoint.